- *Updated COVID Statewide Restrictions: November 17-December 14th, 2020*
- Phase 2 and 3 Indoor Fitness and Training COVID-19 Reopening Requirements – Update
- Fitness Frequently Asked Questions, Aug. 7, 2020
The following tips and tools came from peers in this business sector and are not official local, state, or federal guidance.
peer to peer tips:
- Conduct COVID symptom screening.
- Change signage to reflect 6 ft. distancing or current regulations based on square footage.
- Run air purifiers and open windows.
- Require clients use hand sanitizer. Offer hand sanitizer in multiple locations.
- Clean all touch surfaces between clients.
- Screen new clients via phone before in person treatments to shorten appointment time.
- Increase time between clients to allow for cleaning and to air out the office.
- Create COVID playbook and share with employees.
- Communicate with employees about what you are doing to care for their safety. Engage them in why and what you are doing so they can articulate it well with clients.
- Practice with employees on what to say when a customer is challenging.
- Encourage employees to share with leadership about experiences they are having and any support they might need.
- Keep in mind the stress that employees and customers are experiencing and adjust expectations around the heightened stress. Add stress reduction into your services.
- Offer free masks if a customer doesn’t bring one.
- Have clients bring their own mats.
- If you have merchandise for purchase, offer curbside pickup.
- Offer no touch payment options.
Returning to Small Group Training at Flow Shala Safely (Video)
Documents & Systems to Keep You Safe at Flow Shala (Video)
Anytime Fitness - How We Can Safely Reopen Boutique Gyms & Fitness Studios (Work Plan)
Flow Shala - COVID-19 Exposure Control, Mitigation, and Recovery Plan
Flow Shala - Client Communications
BTTC - Employee COVID-19 Reopening Policies Phase 2
BTTC - Members & Guests COVID-19 Reopening Policies Phase 2: Exposure Control, Mitigation and Recovery Plan
peer support message:
To be connected with peer support or technical assistance contact email@example.com.