- Checklist for Child Care Administrators: Steps to Prevent COVID-19 Spread
- COVID-19 Guidance for Childcare Providers and the Early Learning Community
- HHS COVID-19 Guidance and Information for Human Services Programs
- Interim Guidance on Unsheltered Homelessness and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Homeless Service Providers and Local Officials
The following tips and tools came from peers in this business sector and are not official local, state, or federal guidance.
peer to peer tips:
- If you are able to provide some or all of your services via zoom, telehealth, or other on-line platforms, that is usually preferred.
- If you are providing services to your clients in person, provide ample signage to explain COVID-19 Safety Requirements, and train staff in how to support client compliance.
- Provide clients with masks and hand sanitizing free of charge; contact Whatcom Unified Command to inquire about free or low-cost PPE Supplies that may be available.
CCS - Staff Who Have Been Exposed to COVID-19: Can they work? When can they return to work?
Opportunity Council - Entry Door Checklist
Opportunity Council - Guidelines for Employees - Exposure & Testing
Opportunity Council - My Workspace in Phase 1
Opportunity Council - Critical Points of Phase 1 Safe Workspaces Implementation Plan
Opportunity Council - Vehicle Sanitation Guidelines
Opportunity Council - Accommodation Information for High-Risk Employees
- Food Lifeline Mobile Food Program Guidance (for Food Banks)
- Seven Strategies for Conducting Services Virtually – NICHQ
peer support message:
To be connected with peer support or technical assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org.