- *Updated COVID Statewide Restrictions: November 17-December 14th, 2020*
- Phase 2 and Phase 3 Restaurant, Tavern, Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries COVID-19 Requirements
- Food Worker and Establishment Guidance on COVID-19 – WA DOH
The following tips and tools came from peers in this business sector and are not official local, state, or federal guidance.
peer to peer tips:
- Create COVID playbook and share with employees.
- Conduct regular COVID symptom screening for staff.
- Communicate with employees about what you are doing to care for their safety.
- Engage them in why and what you are doing so they can articulate it well with customers.
- Practice with employees what to say when a customer is challenging.
- Encourage employees to share with leadership about experiences they are having and any support they might need.
- Keep in mind the stress that employees and customers are experiencing and adjust expectations around the heightened stress.
- Ensure clear signage in front of the business and within the business about safety requirements (e.g., maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet between people).
- Run air purifiers and open windows.
- Offer hand sanitizer in multiple locations.
- Offer free masks if customer doesn’t bring one.
- Offer curbside pickup.
- Increase marketing regarding online pre-order and purchase options.
- Offer no touch payment options.
- Model health and safety practices and communicate clear expectations to staff and customers based on state guidance.
The Markets COVID-19 Response Plan
Aslan Retail Playbook
La Fiamma Signage
La Fiamma Pandemic Policy
peer support message:
To be connected with peer support or technical assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org.