- Healthy Washington: Roadmap to Recovery
- Restaurant, Tavern, Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries COVID-19 Requirements
- Open Air and Outdoor Seating Requirements
- COVID-19 Guidance for Food Workers & Food Establishments – WA DOH
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Health Requirements – L&I
- Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic, FDA
- Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease, FDA
The following tips and tools came from peers in this business sector and are not official local, state, or federal guidance.
peer to peer tips:
- Create COVID playbook and share with employees.
- Conduct regular COVID symptom screening for staff.
- Communicate with employees about what you are doing to care for their safety.
- Engage them in why and what you are doing so they can articulate it well with customers.
- Practice with employees what to say when a customer is challenging.
- Encourage employees to share with leadership about experiences they are having and any support they might need.
- Keep in mind the stress that employees and customers are experiencing and adjust expectations around the heightened stress.
- Ensure clear signage in front of the business and within the business about safety requirements (e.g., maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet between people).
- Run air purifiers and open windows.
- Offer hand sanitizer in multiple locations.
- Offer free masks if customer doesn’t bring one.
- Offer curbside pickup.
- Increase marketing regarding online pre-order and purchase options.
- Offer no touch payment options.
- Model health and safety practices and communicate clear expectations to staff and customers based on state guidance.
The Markets COVID-19 Response Plan
Aslan Retail Playbook
La Fiamma Signage
La Fiamma Pandemic Policy
peer support message:
To be connected with peer support or technical assistance contact email@example.com.