- COVID 19: Novel Coronavirus, A Whatcom County Health Department resource specifically for healthcare providers.
- *Updated COVID Statewide Restrictions: November 17-December 14th, 2020*
- Healthcare Provider Resources & Recommendations, WA State Dept. of Health
The following tips and tools came from peers in this business sector and are not official local, state, or federal guidance.
peer to peer tips:
- Conduct COVID symptom screening.
- Pay attention to where people sit/stand to create 6+ feet distance between provider and client.
- Minimize time within 6 feet of client.
- Run air purifiers and open windows.
- Require clients use hand sanitizer.
- Don’t use the waiting room; have clients wait outside until appointment.
- Clean all touch surfaces between clients.
- Screen new patients via phone before in person treatments to shorten appointment time.
- Use non-upholstered chairs that can be wiped down between clients.
- Cover upholstered couch with a sheet or medical paper (like on the exam table in doctor’s office) and change it between clients.
- Wrap keyboards with Saran Wrap.
- Increase time between patients to allow for cleaning and to air out the office.
- Providers change scrubs between patients. Launder scrubs on site so nothing worn in the office goes home. (Note: This and the next item are the choice of a provider and not required by any state guidance.)
- Each practitioner has three N95 masks. Wear a different one each day. Hang the other two on a board in sunlight and fresh air. Dispose of N95 masks every two weeks.
- Products providers are using to sanitize office space after seeing a client:
Work Plan Example: CorePhysio, Employee Safety & Health Program, April 2020
Flowchart Example: Work Restrictions for HCP Who Had Prolonged Contact with COVID-19 Positive Patient, June 2020
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Association of Professionals in Infection Prevention & Control (APIC)
- John’s Hopkins Center For Health Security
peer support message:
To be connected with peer support or technical assistance contact email@example.com.