- COVID 19: Novel Coronavirus, A Whatcom County Health Department resource specifically for healthcare providers.
The following tips and tools came from peers in this business sector and are not official local, state, or federal guidance.
peer to peer tips:
- Conduct COVID symptom screening.
- Pay attention to where people sit/stand to create 6+ feet distance between provider and client.
- Minimize time within 6 feet of client.
- Run air purifiers and open windows.
- Require clients use hand sanitizer.
- Don’t use the waiting room; have clients wait outside until appointment.
- Clean all touch surfaces between clients.
- Screen new patients via phone before in person treatments to shorten appointment time.
- Use non-upholstered chairs that can be wiped down between clients.
- Cover upholstered couch with a sheet or medical paper (like on the exam table in doctor’s office) and change it between clients.
- Wrap keyboards with Saran Wrap.
- Increase time between patients to allow for cleaning and to air out the office.
- Providers change scrubs between patients. Launder scrubs on site so nothing worn in the office goes home. (Note: This and the next item are the choice of a provider and not required by any state guidance.)
- Each practitioner has three N95 masks. Wear a different one each day. Hang the other two on a board in sunlight and fresh air. Dispose of N95 masks every two weeks.
- Products providers are using to sanitize office space after seeing a client:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Association of Professionals in Infection Prevention & Control (APIC)
- John’s Hopkins Center For Health Security
peer support message:
To be connected with peer support or technical assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org.